Saturday, October 11, 2008

Yoga, a tape and goals

With all the "excitement" this week, I decided to pop in The Pleasure Trap by Douglas J. Lisle

http://www.amazon.com/The-Pleasure-Trap/dp/B00166PRIM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1223748303&sr=1-1

And do some light stretching to relax and unwind. If anyone is struggling with eating healthier, I highly recommend this video! Doug is a riot and does a beautiful job of illustrating the mechanics that drive our desire to eat.

Meals today will include...

m1...2 bananas
m2...grapefruit and high fiber muffin from Trader Joe's
m3...Hummus wrap with lettuce and tomatoes, side of snow peas
m4...leftovers from last night
m5...cocoa, soy cream and teechino with a dash of cinnamon




I am beginning to work on some concrete, measurable goals that I hope to have complete by the end of this weekend. If I had to choose my dream body, I think it would resemble Jillian Michaels from "The Biggest Loser". I know some people will hate her and others love her, but I personally think she exemplifies grace, fitness, speed, agility and strength.


I also believe I have the beginnings of a fairly decent foundation set, especially in my upper body. It is my midsection and legs that need to be coaxed into releasing some of that "stored up energy!!" LOL!!!

Along the same vein, I am toying with the idea of taking measurements and perhaps either weekly or biweekly photos to keep me on track, especially since we are entering the dreaded holiday season. If I get up the nerve!

I know my future goals include somehow helping people transform the way they view themselves and their lives by transforming their bodies. And I hope to show people that you can build the body of your dreams by eating in a delicious, nutritious way that not only heals and supports you on a cellular level but also helps to heal and support our world.

No comments: