Friday, October 10, 2008

And a calm fills the air!

Huge exhale!!! I think our pup is going to be OK. She gave us a good scare again though! She is 9 yrs old and has already manged to get herself into major, life threatening conditions 4 times!! Count em' F-O-U-R!!!! My poor DD would be devastated if anything ever happened to her. Sorry to go on a bit of a rant here, but how can people who love their pets ever reconcile the fact that they then sit down to a plate of flesh?? The thought simply makes me wanna cry.

With all this stress is it any wonder my workout today was mediocre at best. However it did still managed to kick my butt! I did 3 sets each of pullups, barbell clean and presses and single DB snatches.

OOOooohhhhh! I made this last night from Show Me Vegan


http://showmevegan.blogspot.com/2008/08/tempeh-salad-with-grapes-and-pecans.html

It was awesome!!!!

And right this second I am cookin' 2 recipes from Veganomicon...with a few small changes ;)


Broccoli-millet croquettes and White Bean Aioli.

I am thinking about trying to either pan fry the croquettes in non-stick spray or bake them though to avoid the extra oil from frying. And I prepped the Aioli using 1/2 oil and 1/2 veggie stock. So far it looks, smells and tastes DELICIOUS!! Can't wait!!

No comments: