Sunday, October 12, 2008

Post Workout Nutrition

In researching all things fitness today, I realized I had been neglecting the ever-famous post workout meal. Now don't get me wrong, this was not always the case. I used to pay strict attention to it when I was an omni, but in converting to veganism, it somehow got lost in the meal plan construction dust.

NO MORE! If I am going to build the body of my dreams, I need all the right building blocks. According to the Vegan Bodybuilding Blog...

http://veganbodybuilding.blogspot.com/2008/09/post-workout-nutrient-intake.html

These are the recommended things to include to speed up recovery, bolster your immunity and enhance performance...

Here are the guides I would suggest at the moment:

Protein 30 grams
High glycemic carbs 40-50 grams
BCAA’s 1-2 grams
L-glutamine 5 grams
Vit c 60-120mg
Vit E 80-400 IU.

The best way to consume these:

Here’s the best way to consume the above after exercise nutrition.

Straight after your exercise, but before your cool-down stretch have your BCAA’s , l-glutamine (also a good time if you supplement with creatine to take that as well).

Now do your cool down

After cool-down now consume your protein-carbs-vitamins


So beginning tomorrow I am going to start incorporating each of these into my meal plan!

What is your personal post workout protocol?

No comments: